Stop Hindering your Immune System
We talk a lot about boosting our immune system during the winter months.
In today’s current climate, people are starting to pay particular attention to their health- which is great! Instead of a focus only on boosting the immune system, how about looking at how to stop lowering our immune system’s function? Many things we regularly do serve to dampen our immune system’s ability to function at its best. These 9 ideas on removing interference to your immune system and increasing its ability to function optimally were shared with us by our colleague Dr. Don Clum. They are just too good not to share! You can find more resources from Dr. Clum on his website. And we have of course, added our own tidbits!
1. Cut out the sugar. Sugar can lower your immune response by 60% for up to 4 hours. Sugar is in almost all processed foods and drinks. We know it’s delicious, but is it worth it?
2. Stop being sedentary. Exercise has been shown to raise immune response and even help people recover from the flu. Dr. Brendan’s favorite saying: “Move the body” really applies here!
3. Stop tossing and turning. Sleep! Poor sleep has been on the rise in this current crisis and will impact your immune response.
4. Don't isolate...Socialize! Loneliness/isolation has been shown to decrease your immune response. A recent study from the University of Surrey found that social isolation can cause increased inflammation in the body. Trust us, you really don’t want more inflammation! Socializing can mean a phone call or an email, find a way to connect with your friends and family even if it’s not in person right now. Connection is more important now than ever before.
5. Cut the negativity. Laugh! It lowers stress hormones that impact the immune response. Do whatever you can to cultivate a positive mental attitude. And please, turn off the news!
6. Limit your sitting time which produces shallow breathing. Breathe! Breathe work, mediation and mindful-breathing have a positive impact on the immune system. Apps like HeadSpace help with this.
7. Get to your chiropractor. Adjustments have an influence on the parasympathetic nervous system which in turn has an impact on the immune system. We just received a bulk order of Coherence Through Chiropractic, the Immunity edition. Pick up your copy next time you are at the office to learn more or check it out HERE.
8. Stop eating so often. Eating multiple meals and snacks all day long increases our insulin exposure which can lower the immune response. Pick an eating window and meal plan to help you with this.
9. Put the device down. Too much screen time has been linked to depression, obesity, and addiction. Play a board game or cards with your family or plant a garden, get crafty or move your body.
There is no medication, vaccine or mask that can supersede a healthy lifestyle. We're in this together and we CAN do better!
7/5/2020 05:19:07 pm
Thieves are history's greatest menace. I think that they have always made it difficult for historians like myself to accurately make a story. I know that they are not to blame for their actions, or at least not entirely. Life is hard, and most people have to do things in order to live, and that is a logical response to it. I hate everyone who does not understand this, and that will never change for as long as I am alive.
3/31/2021 11:31:37 pm
6/27/2021 08:01:42 pm
Thank you for this very informative and useful article content tips for us. A good to start a healthy living by making our heart most healthy to explore world. I also want to share my experience about the last vacation with my family in Europe we bring Genuine Haarlem Oil as our extra protection for viruses because it can boost our immune system to protect against diseases. Again.. Thank you and God bless. Hope you posted more informative content about healthy lifestyle.
9/26/2021 07:32:23 pm
Thank you for sharing this informative and helpful content article for us. Anyways, I just wanna share about the benefits of Genuine Haarlem Oil for the health of human especially nowadays were facing pandemic we need to boost our immune system to fight against deadly covid19 or any variant of viruses. Genuine Haarlem Oil has demonstrated its effectiveness in preventing respiratory illness, passive and active smoking, unhealthy diets and rheumatoid arthritis. It is an energy supplement that promotes recovery after exercise, avoids aches and reduces mental fatigue. Revitalizes your nails and helps you to keep a shiny and healthy hair. It is also good for your animal friends.
1/3/2023 07:34:43 pm
Hello! I really enjoyed reading what you had to say. Looking forward to reading your post shortly. All the best for the future upgrade. This piece is highly informative, engaging, and powerful.
Leave a Reply.
Drs. A & B
We want to share as much health information with you as possible, so here is some healthy reading for healthy bodies and souls.